About Me

My photo
Columbus, Ohio
It's ok Pluto, im not a "planet" either...

8.14.2010

Can't sleep, clowns will eat me...

“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.” - Oscar Wilde

Another night. Another nightmare.

It is midnight. I'm home. My stomach aches. I lay on the couch. GREASE plays in the background on the television. My lovely roommate is home. She has a guest over, a male. He is tall, skinny, and practically blind, which I say because of the prescription of his glasses. He is somewhat friendly, but nothing to write home about. I'm not impressed. She can certainly do better. They sit on the couch next to me. I am curled up in the fetal position. My stomach hurts terribly. I doze in and out of slumber. They leave the couch and go into her room. I think I'll vomit, but it never happens. I continue dozing in and out of sleep; 20 minute intervals of non-interrupted rest. I hear them having sex in the room next to me. I am not shocked or disturbed. The bed is squeaky. I venture upstairs to my bed. AHHHHHH MY BED! I lay on the same side, always. It has become molded to my shape. I love it. I have a bit of trouble falling back to unconsciousness. I watch REN & STIMPY to ease my mind. I begin to drift to sleep. I begin to dream.

The following dream, is by far the most intense/real/horrifying, dream I've had recently. And you probably won't find it to be, but I suppose you just had to experience it. I will do my best to relay it in it's true form.

I'm tossing on my bed, hardly awake. I open my eyes just barely. I see two figures running across my room. They are dark and dog-like. I bolt upright quite suddenly. I'm alarmed. I call down the dark stairs to my roommate. I yell her name a few times until she hears me. She walks to the edge of my stairs. I proceed to tell her that I saw dogs in my room. I hear a foreign voice. It is coming from above me. I look up in surprise. I look up to see that there is another floor to our apartment. There is a girl with blonde hair. She's laying on a twin sized bed with red sheets. I know her, but I don't really know her. She goes on to tell me that these are so and so's dogs. She's watching them. I am half asleep. I am confused. I am annoyed. My cat does not like dogs. I don't like him to be upset. A black dog comes walking towards me. I am asleep. I am annoyed. No one asked me if this was ok. Well in case they were wondering it wasn't. I don't like these dogs. They're menacing. They're malicious. I just do not like them. I'm asleep when the dog touches me. He hits my hand with his nose, forcefully. I am asleep. I mumble no. I pull my hand behind me. The dog growls. I take a few steps backwards. My breathing is heavy. I panic. My cat rubs against my leg. I look down at him, gasping for breath. He looks up to me. He speaks. He says one word. RUN. I start to creep backwards. The dog lunges forward. His great black paws push me downward. My back hits the floor. A sharp piercing pain rushes down my spin. I wince. The dog is over me. He is still growling. He seems angry. I panic. I don't understand. I try to speak to the dog. It makes him angrier. He drools on me. He is gnarling. He stands on my chest. It is even harder to breathe. I scream for my roommate. Everyone is gone. The room turns black. The dog's eyes are glowing yellow. He continues to drool on me. He snarls. I scream again. He lurches forward. My neck is a smorgasbord. Bits of my flesh spatter the floor like a light summer rain. They do not make a sound. The floor turns red. The edges of the room turn black, and the black creeps in slowly until I can see nothing more.

I wake up in a panic. I yell for my roommate. After a few tries, she comes to the bottom of the stairs. It all feels so eerily familiar.

1 comment: